Thursday, March 6, 2014

You can "Want" a guy, but never "Need" a guy.

After a fight with a guy I care about last night, my friend and I went out to lunch today and she gave me some interesting advice, she told me "You can always want a guy Theresa, but never NEED a guy, don't put your whole universe around him, be independent." And you know, with this guy, I was putting my life on hold I felt like. Which I mean, I would do anything for him because he is a great guy, but I shouldn't put my whole world in his hands. I need to find who I am before I can find a good healthy relationship, because I don't even know who the hell I am right now.
So this topic, obviously, is You can "Want" a guy, but never "NEED" a guy.
Have you ever constantly thought about a guy? You wake up, you think of him. You're in class, and you think of him. You're eating, and you think of him. You're driving and you think of him. You are trying to fall asleep at night but can't because YOU ARE THINKING OF HIM. That's how I was. We shouldn't waste our whole day thinking about a guy 24/7 when in reality, they are hardly thinking of you. Guys brains don't function like us girls, a guy friend of mine who is a Marine, told me "Guys only think about one thing Theresa, sex. You girls might think you can change that, but you never can. Yeah, it sounds horrible and pathetic, but its the ugly truth. You may find a guy who just wants to have sex with only you, but he will never not want sex. That's just how we are." And he is right. We think we can change that one guy and make him love us just for us, but they will never not want sex. Its like their a horn dog 24/7, and we can't change that! And you know, that's just find. We shouldn't hate them for it, we just need to find a guy that can respect us enough not to just go out and have sex with every other girl out there. Girls, this is to you, we will NEVER change a guy but don't EVER change yourself FOR a guy. ever. Don't move for a guy. Don't change your appearance for a guy. Don't do anything for a guy, because the RIGHT guy will love you for you. I need to take may own advice because with the guy I like right now, has been broken before. And maybe he's just scared to fall for someone else, but I can't wait around and put my life on hold, even though I want to be with him but if he can't commit to 100% to me... I can't wait around.
And every girl should think that way too, because we wait around for a hopeless man who will never love us the way we love them.
So instead of chasing, and hoping to find that right guy, go out and have fun. The right guy will show up... one day.

- Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment